Pastoral Work in Parishes
The religious who take care of parishes should give priority, through an enthusiastic pastoral action, to the following:
- The Sunday liturgy, since the center of the parish pastoral work should always be the Sunday Mass, celebrated in such manner so that each time the faithful will participate “more consciously, actively and fruitfully” (cf. Vatican Council II, SC 11, 48). This should be complemented with communion to the sick.
- Availability to hear confessions at any time.
- To be willing to offer authentic spiritual direction.
- The preaching of the Spiritual Exercises
- Catechetical instruction of children and adults.
- The preaching of Popular Missions
- Children and youth oratories according to the spirit of St. Philip Neri and St. John Bosco
- Courses on Catholic culture